Monday, August 16, 2010

My annual leave is coming to an end :((((((((((

Thanks to my good ol' company we are in good fortune with excellent health care subsidies. I figured i might as well consult a doctor about my reoccurring persistent backaches. Which brought me to radiology. Which later reveals that my 'last joint of the spine is fused with my pelvic bone'. WTF!!!????!!!

It basically means that instead of a space between the last spine segment and the hip bone like between other obedient spine segments, there was.... none. Leaving me with a condition where continuous bending of the lower torso will aggravate the joint in question causing pain which affects the rest of the spine. Also, i won't be very flexible and able to bend very far forward.

Get this: I was born with this condition. O_o

OK so this explains why i could never get a 5point for my sit and reach test in school. In fact, this explains MANY THINGS, like why i could never achieve a very high back kick (other than my laziness to train) ALTHOUGH i make very good front and side ones. By the way i'm talking about dancing. At the peak of my flexibility i could do splits and high kicks and bends but i never understood why there exists this pain that is consistently able to stop me from reaching out far enough sitting/standing up with both legs closed in front of me. NOW I KNOW!

It might also explain why i'm short. And why i'm bad in math.

So then my doctor says i should not engage in activities that involve excessive bending or stretching. No vigorous sports. He said you must be very inflexible right? But i told him i used to be a dancer -_- My yoga classes now have to be restricted to basics only. Brisk walking and swimming are recommended. Although all my life i've never been very sporty but THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. No bending??? My job requires an average of like 800 bends everyday.

I'll take some time to mull over this new piece of information.

Another good news is i plucked up enough courage to go for one if those dubious 10mins for $10 haircuts after chalking up almost 1.7k in credit card bills and the result was pretty satisfactory so i guess i could visit again.

Oh also i have a tagboard now. Don said have to click a link to comment so laychay so ok lor here's a tagboard if anyone cares.

So much info today!

No comments:

Post a Comment